Monday 13 January 2014

Motivational Monday

Hello Nelly Belliers,

MONDAY

Holy cow why are Mondays so difficult to get through? You have no energy, it feels like every hour that passes takes at least four hours, and it's really hard to find any type of motivation. I have to be honest and say that I am having a really hard time getting into school this semester, and on Mondays I seem to get nothing accomplished.  Maybe two full-time semesters in a row took all the zippity zap out of me? 

This blog post is dedicated to making 'No-fun-day Monday' into 'Motivational Monday'. Here are some things that motivate me! Let me know in the comments area below what motivates you?

MONDAY MONTAGE

I think it is really important to look around and find motivation in your surroundings. Put your coat and boots on (if you're experiencing Winter like us) and head out on a motivational walk. If you have a camera then definitely bring it along as well and go on a motivational photo shoot (mine is at the bottom of this blog)!


MARVELLOUS JUAN PABLO

Yes, sometimes knowing that one of your favourite TV shows is on that night can motivate you to get through the day. I am looking forward to tonight's second episode of The Bachelor, and my sister and I will report back to you as promised on tomorrows blog post. Saying 'Juan Pablo' can also give you motivation. Try it out!


If you haven't read my other blog, then click here to find out what my sister and I are going to be doing across the nation.

MUSIC

Music in my opinion is one of the best things in life. It can make you feel happy, sad, reflective, and it can definitely motivate you! Whenever I feel like writing and I'm having writers block, I put on one of my favourite tunes and I seem to find inspiration. Whenever I feel like I have no energy, I put on a fun song, and I immediately feel more energized and motivated to go to the gym. Music is not only beautiful and amazing, but it is powerful! Here is a very small sample of my motivational tunes (remember motivation comes in all different genres).

Please Forgive Me by David Gray - click here 
Hall of Fame Featuring Will.I.Am by The Script - click here 
Someone To Be Around by Six60 - click here

MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES

Who doesn't love a motivational quote? Feeling blue, feeling uninspired, then maybe these will help. Feel free to share your favourite motivational quotes below!
Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control ~ Denis Waitley 
Set your sights high, the higher the better. Expect the most wonderful things to happen, not in the future but right now. Realize that nothing is too good. Allow absolutely nothing to hamper you or hold you up in any way. ~ Eileen Caddy 
Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star. ~ W. Clement Stone 
I learned that we can do anything, but we can't do everything... at least not at the same time. So think of your priorities not in terms of what activities you do, but when you do them. Timing is everything. ~ Dan Millman

MAKE YOURSELF FEEL LIKE A PRINCESS (OR A PRINCE)

This is my biggest recommendation for a Monday evening. You are done work (or school, etc) you get home, and you immediately light some candles, put on your favourite music, and fill up your bathtub. Don't forget to put in one of your favourite Lush bath treats, and if you are of age you should definitely pour yourself a glass of wine (I highly recommend any wine from New Zealand but especially Villa Maria, my favourite wine in the world). Pamper yourself, and make Monday night a spa night. It won't be long until Monday night becomes your favourite night of the week!

MY MOTIVATIONAL PHOTO SHOOT


Great Coffee

Beautiful trees and shadows

Red Wellies (Rain Boots)

Architecture

Art

Puppies and dogs

Light and shadows

Nature



Follow my blog with Bloglovin




I've always said money may buy you a fine dog, but only love can make it wag its tail.” ~ Kinky Friedman

1 comment:

  1. I find that baking motivates me. Every Monday I try to bake something new and different. I really love doing this. Your blog is great btw! I enjoy the recipes a lot.

    ReplyDelete