Sunday 29 December 2013

Sunday Supper Idea - Tuna Fish Cakes - Nelly Bellie

Hello Nelly Belliers!

Still a day of rest for me, but I did manage to cook us dinner tonight. I don't know about you but I find cooking relaxing and enjoyable, and I always know I am on the mend (for those of you who don't know I have been quite ill) when I can manage to stand in the kitchen that long. :)

I thought I would share with you what I made Chris and I for supper, because not only was it delicious but it was super easy and affordable. If you are under the weather, and you don't have someone to take care of you, or you are sick of lying around like me, then this would be a great thing to make because it doesn't take a ton of effort.

What you will need to make Tuna Fish Cakes:

  • Potatoes (I used a 2 pound bag of small white potatoes)
  • 3 cans of tuna (you could also substitute different types of fish if you don't like tuna)
  • Parsley (2 tablespoons)
  • 1 egg
  • Salt and pepper
  • Regular white flour (1 tablespoon to mix in and then a bit to sprinkle on a board as you are forming the fish cakes, and then a bit to coat them)
  • Olive oil

How to make Tuna Fish Cakes:
  1. Peel potatoes (I didn't peel mine, but it really depends on the type of potatoes and whether you mind the peel - so I'll leave that up to you) and cut potatoes and put them in a pot. Put enough water in the pot so that it just covering the potatoes. Put the pot on the stove, add some salt to the pot, and boil potatoes until cooked.
  2. Finely chop parsley while potatoes are boiling.
  3. When the potatoes are cooked, strain them, and then put them back in the pot and mash.
  4. Let the potatoes cool for a few minutes.
  5. Open your 3 cans of tuna and flake tuna in with the mashed potatoes. (i.e. break apart tuna into small pieces using your hands). Add 1 tablespoon of regular white flour. Add some salt and pepper. Mix it all up.
  6. Add 1 egg and the parsley to the mixture and mix again.
  7. Once mixed sprinkle some flour on a cutting board or flat surface. Form the tuna fish cake patties using your hands. Place each patty on the flour surface and lightly coat the other side that is facing up with flour as well (not too much).
  8. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Pan fry the tuna patties until browned and crisp, about 4 minutes on each side.
This batch will make about 10 medium size patties.

Chris has his with baked beans on the side, but you could also make a nice light salad, or in my case just eat them on their own (however, I do recommend a nice dollop of HP Sauce on the side of your plate).

ENJOY :)

Also, don't forget to enter my Christmas Contest Giveaway Contest! It's super easy to enter and you could win some great stuff! Who doesn't like FREE stuff?


How to Enter This Contest:
  1. Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
  2. Watch my video (here is the link, click here) and then post your answers to my 2 questions that I ask you in my video. Post your answers in the comments area below the video on YouTube, and don't forget to like the video (pretty please).
  3. Follow my blog with Bloglovin (or Google Plus, etc)
  4. Follow me on Twitter, and 
  5. "Like" me on Facebook

This contest is open to anyone (it is international) and you can enter as many times as you like (but remember I will be checking that you are subscribed / following everything above, and that you have answered my 2 questions). Feel free to pass this on to friends, family, etc. This contest opens once my video goes up and ends on January 10, 2014
Good luck!

My YouTube Channel :: http://www.youtube.com/TheNellyBellie

My Twitter Account :: https://twitter.com/TheNellyBellie
My BlogLovin :: Follow my blog with Bloglovin
My Facebook Page :: https://www.facebook.com/TheNellyBellie






Follow my blog with Bloglovin



"When an eighty-five pound mammal licks your tears away, then tries to sit on your lap, it's hard to feel sad." ~ Kristan HigginsCatch of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment