Monday 2 December 2013

Christmas Party Update & Monday Non-Blues

Hello Nelly Belliers,

Thank you so much to everyone who voted on my Christmas dress and hair style. Dress #3 and Dress #4 were neck in neck for a while, but Dress #3 won in the end (and so did wearing my hair down). 

We had a FABULOUS time and we ended up making some great new friends. Do you ever think "wow, can the universe can hear me?". It's not always easy being so far from most of my family and some of my closest friends, and it's not always easy to make new friends… well not only did the universe deliver some amazing people to us this weekend, but I also ended meeting a Spanish couple who are further away from home than me! I ended up having a great conversation with them, and discovered that there are people in the universe who have much bigger distance issues than me (it's always great to get a new perspective on things). I couldn't believe how happy it made them when we asked them to come for dinner some time, and the wife of the Spanish couple almost cried when I gave her a hug.

My wish for today is that you reach out to someone or give someone a random hug - it goes along way and sometimes I think we forget that little things can have a huge impact!

Here are some pics from the night of the party….













Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.” ~ Milan Kundera

No comments:

Post a Comment