Monday 9 December 2013

Our Annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party Was A Hit!

Hello Nelly Belliers!

First, my apologies for the delay in blog posts. We had a very busy, fun, and need to recuperate after the Christmas festivities weekend.

Chris and I made our own ugly Christmas sweaters this year and Nelly Bellie definitely gave us her input on what they should say. Basically she decided that she should be the main focal point of our sweaters (see pics below).

If you are going to be heading to an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party, or you just want to make one for the heck of it, then follow these easy steps. 

Find a cheap sweater (Walmart, Secondhand Store, etc) and buy some printable iron on transfers. Make sure that you buy the right ones for your material (i.e. for dark vs. light material). 

Print, iron, and let dry / cool for a couple of hours. Then get out the good old glue gun (Michael's has super cheap ones that work great (here's a link to one similar to ours). I recommend getting one per person, otherwise you'll be waiting around a while. Also, buy some ugly junk to glue on (Michael's also has this stuff) and glue, glue, glue (as long as your of age of course). Warning: glue guns can become quite addicting. Let everything dry and that's it, voila, a hand-made and affordable Ugly Christmas Sweater. It's fun to crank the Christmas tunes and pour yourself a drink or two while you're making them.

I'll be working on a vlog (video blog) tomorrow so stay tuned! Things are going to get very exciting.

Happy Monday everyone! Please let me know how your weekend was (post below), and don't forget if you know someone who has a great story (click here for details) pass along my blog information, or contact me to get featured! And please follow follow follow this blog (that's all I want for Christmas).






































Follow my blog with Bloglovin


"My dogs have been the reason I have woken up every single day with a smile on my face. I am among the ranks of millions of people who appreciate the souls of dogs and know they are a gift of pure love and an example of all that is good.~ Jennifer Skiff

No comments:

Post a Comment